EPISODE #128: Mindset, by Carol Dweck Ph.D.
“The New Psychology of Success.”
Do you know the difference between a growth and fixed mindset? This simple, yet extremely complex concept can be the absolute single difference between you living a life of maximum performance and achieving your goals. Whether you apply this concept to your business, personal or financial goals, your mindset is crucial for becoming a higher version of yourself, and completing what you set out to accomplish. Join me here on episode #128 as I break down Carol Dweck’s genius work around mindset, and how we can use her research to achieve incredible results over our lifetime.
Episode #128, Mindset, References:
The Fixed Mindset:
- Failure is something we try to avoid at all costs, and viewed as a negative event in our daily lives.
- Our abilities, intelligence and qualities are carved in stone, and often times already determined at birth, or at a very early point in life.
- Success is about proving you are smart or talented, and you must validate yourself over and over to prove you have what it takes to yourself.
- Failures are viewed as disasters and setbacks, rather than opportunities.
The Growth Mindset:
- Failure equals growth and development.
- Our qualities are ultimately something that can be developed for higher levels of performance over time.
- Years of passion, toil and training allows us to develop much progress and shaping of our abilities.
- Our abilities are unknown at each stage of life, but can be developed over time.
- Missteps in this area are often viewed as an incredible learning opportunity, and understood to be necessary to learn from our mistakes.
- Development is the most sought after outcome when the mark is not reached in a particular situation.
James Swanwick’s Blue-Light Blocking Glasses: www.swanwicksleep.com
Connect with James Swanwick on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JamesSwanwickOfficial
Lanny Bassham’s Mental Management Training Programs: http://mentalmanagement.com/
Lanny Bassham’s #1 selling book, “With Winning in Mind” (Amazon): http://buff.ly/2d5mlJS
How to Connect with Carol S. Dweck:
-Dr. Carol Dweck’s Website:
-Dr. Carol Dweck on Facebook:
How to Connect With Jarrod Warren:
Enjoy the podcast? Find The Success 101 Podcast on iTunes, subscribe, and give a 5-star rating:
The Success 101 Podcast Website:
Email Jarrod Warren:
The Success 101 Podcast on Facebook:
Jarrod Warren on Instagram:
“Intro” by The xx
Podcast Post-Production Credit:
Audio Engineering Solutions
Offering: Music Production – Sound Design – Podcast Production.
“These guys make my life so much easier with their incredible post-production abilities. My podcast episodes are completed quickly, with professionalism, and they are more than eager to make sure we get each episode right by my standards. Working with Sonorous Lab has been an absolutely awesome experience, more than I expected, and I would recommend them for any podcaster looking to free up your time and adding quality to your show” —Jarrod Warren, Founder of The Success 101 Podcast, on iTunes.