Tal Ben-Shahar is an author and lecturer. He taught two of the largest classes in Harvard University’s history, Positive Psychology and The Psychology of Leadership. Today, Tal consults and lectures around the world to executives in multi-national corporations, the general public, and at-risk populations. The topics he lectures on include leadership, happiness, education, innovation, ethics, self-esteem, resilience, goal setting, and mindfulness. His books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages, and have appeared on best-sellers lists around the world.
An avid sportsman, Tal won the U.S. Intercollegiate and Israeli National squash championships. Today, for exercise, he swims, dances, and practices Yoga. He obtained his PhD in Organizational Behavior and BA in Philosophy and Psychology from Harvard.
Some of the Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- A true understanding of why Tal writes so much about Happiness, and what it means to him.
- Being cautious about getting caught up in the “pursuit of perfection”.
- Dealing with anxiety, and the brain-body connection.
- External vs. Internal Achievements and how we have dealt with those in western vs. eastern cultures.
- How meditation changes the brain, and why it is crucially important for us to have meditation locked into our daily habits.
- The Four Personality Archetypes we should understand: The Rat Racer, The Hedonist, The Nihilist and Happy
- Focusing on Weaknesses vs. our Strengths.
COUPON: AMPLE Meal Replacement Drink: WWW.AMPLEMEAL.COM , ENTER COUPON CODE: “success101” FOR 15% OFF YOUR AMPLE MEAL ORDER.
COUPON: The Human Charger, Sun in Your Pocket, LED Device: WWW.SUCCESS101PODCAST.COM/HUMANCHARGER AND ENTER COUPON CODE: “success101” FOR 20% OFF YOUR HUMAN CHARGER ORDER.
How to Connect With Tal Ben Shahar:
Tal Ben Shahar’s Website:
How to Connect With Jarrod Warren:
Enjoy the podcast? Find The Success 101 Podcast on iTunes, subscribe, and give a 5-star rating:
The Success 101 Podcast Website:
Email Jarrod Warren:
The Success 101 Podcast on Facebook: